Thursday 23 May 2019

more sore shoulder updates . . . referred by Doctor to do MRI

Visited Doctor, he went through physio notes. Went over history. Did exam.
Referred for: "MRI cervical spine"
Clinical findings: "neck pain with radiation down right arm into radial aspect of hand" "quees? were? inifugriant?" 

VHI initially said need a consultant referral for spinal MRI as opposed to neck MRI but opinions on what is covered seem to be different in different places so looking to sort it out and book appointment either with a consultant or with radiology/MRI . . .


From: James
To: radiology @ various clinics .ie

Hello,

Please see attached referral for MRI cervical spine from doctor.
Please leave me know if that is ok and if I could make appointment to do MRI with you.

 I am not available:
  xxxxxx june/july  (Scout Camp!)

I have health insurance with VHI policy number xxxxxxx. xxx xx xx.

Some history . . .
I got niggly pain in my neck/back a few weeks before Easter.
Easter monday (April 22) pain changed to being quite sore, looking up or to right caused pain in back and pain down right arm.
 My right arm index and middle finger have had numbness/pins & needles since Easter.
 The numbness and aches in arm are triggered if I look to right or if back of neck or under shoulder blade are pressed.
I have been to Physiotherapist, working on exercises and improving posture in work . . desk job.
I'm quite active cycling and scouts a bit of running . . .
October 2017 I had a crash off bike, right arm hyper-extended, attended GP and St Vincents  shoulder rotator-cuff was 4/6 weeks in sling and resting.
It healed up fine, . . . I had no problems all through 2018 but it is possibly related.

Thanks and best regards,

James


https://gaoithe.blogspot.com/2017/10/bike-is-ok-shoulder-bit-sore-bike-crash.html

No comments: