Wednesday 26 May 2010

Maeve: ":-D I'm five and I have five things that are five about me!"

(things in parenthesis are thoughts)
"Things in double quotes are said out loud"


Maeve: "Hey :-) I'm five and I have five books for reading today!"

Mum: (something - I forget :-7 - sorry)

Dad: "And you have 5 toes on your right foot."

Maeve: ... ! "... and 5 toes on my other foot" (Daddys are so silly)

Mum: "And you have 5 fingers on your hands."

 ...

Maeve: "Oh! :-D I'm five and I have five things that are five about me! :-D"

 ...

Daddy: (Thinking oh well done Maeve :-) I like your thinking)
 "Now you don't. You have six!"

Maeve: (stunned) (anger/denial/hurt/rage/...)

Fionn: (ohhhhh!)

Kate: (! ... eh? ... ohhhh :) )

Daddy: (oops, oh dammit, oh noes, oh dear!)

Amazingly good humor prevailed immediately. Maeve's been to bed late (9pm) these evenings because of kids soccer tournament. She read me the 5 books after teatime.

No comments: